Associate / Kamloops
Angelica is focused.
With unique clarity and tireless determination, Angelica has always been a people person – she enjoys connecting with her clients to understand their ideas, as this allows her to more effectively plan and shift to meet that client’s unique needs. Believing that time is one of the most valuable assets, Angelica is a creative thinker who enjoys putting her full spectrum of legal knowledge to work, while ultimately staying laser-focused on her client’s end goals.
Concentrating her legal practice in Realization and Local Government law, Angelica acts for major financial institutions and other lenders and regularly completes assessments and realization of security for creditors, as well as a variety of other bankruptcy and insolvency matters. In the local government context, she provides advice on various aspects of municipal law including bylaw challenges and enforcement, governance and operations, municipal liability and risk management, and regulatory authority.
Born and raised in Kamloops, Angelica has a special appreciation for the BC interior. When not in the office, you can often find her out exploring the local hiking trails with her dog, Winnie. Angelica likes to keep busy and always enjoys trying something new. A few of her favourite pastimes are skiing in the winter, golfing in the summer, and honing her baking skills throughout the seasons.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2022)
- Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University (2021)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology Hons.), Thompson Rivers University (2017)
Publications & Presentations
- Honest Dealing: Exploring the Application of Good Faith in Consumer Proposals, Annual Review of Insolvency Law (2021 CanLIIDocs 13563)
- Panelist, Annual Review of Insolvency Law Conference (2022)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Southern Interior Insolvency Group