Associate Counsel / Vancouver
Jennifer sees the big picture.
Jennifer advises lenders on all aspects of loan and security enforcement and related litigation and risk management. Straightforward and astute, Jennifer knows that the law and her clients’ legal issues do not exist in a vacuum. She prides herself on delivering relevant and practical advice, in real time.
With over a decade practicing exclusively in the areas of realization and insolvency, Jennifer regularly represents institutional and private lenders in foreclosure and receivership matters. She is particularly skilled at managing complex and contentious recovery proceedings and matters involving loan fraud. Having previously practiced with the insolvency and restructuring group at a large national law firm, Jennifer also has extensive experience assisting creditors, trustees and other stakeholders in proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Outside of the office, you can find Jennifer on her yoga mat, perfecting her downward dog, or in her hiking boots, getting dragged up a mountain by her dog, Sadie (the keeper of her heart).
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Brandon University (2003)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-presenter, Technical Update, Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals 2019 Vancouver Forum, May 2019.
- Contributor, LexisNexis Practice Advisor, Insolvency and Restructuring (Current – Farm Debt Mediation Act content, Past – the Debtor in Possession Financing content)
- Commentator, Panel V, Selected Aspects of Security, 15th Annual Review of Insolvency Law Conference, February 2018
- Co-author, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia – Foreclosure Practice 2017 Update, Order for Sale and Order Approving Sale
- Co-author, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia – 2017 Residential Real Estate Conference – “Foreclosures: What’s New and What to Watch out for”
- Co-author, “Restructuring Canadian Multinationals”, Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2015, Carswell
- Co-author, Lenders Are Not Law Enforcement Officers – The British Columbia Supreme Court Determines The Scope Of Reasonable Care Under Section 20(4)(B) of CDSA, McMillan litigation bulletin January 2014
- Co-author, Lifting The Stay – Is The “Doomed To Fail” Argument Doomed To Fail?, McMillan restructuring and insolvency bulletin September 2012
- Co-author, Current Issues in Debtor-in-possession (DIP) Financing, Canadian Bar Association Pan Canadian Insolvency Conference 2012
- Co-author, Pensions v. Insolvency: Applying Indalex, McMillan restructuring and insolvency bulletin March 2012
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Volunteer, Access Pro Bono
- Volunteer, Embrace a Discarded Animal Society