Fulton & Company LLP is a great place to build a career whether you’re just starting out or an experienced professional. Our lawyers and staff enjoy interesting, challenging work. We value and respect the knowledge, experience and team spirit of our lawyers and staff and do everything we can to ensure they have an interesting and supportive place in which to work. We have offices in Kamloops and downtown Vancouver. We have several in-house programs dedicated to providing a supportive career experience for our staff.
- competitive salaries
- year end bonus
- medical and extended health benefits
- paid or banked overtime
- short term, extended sick plan
- regular staff appreciation socials and a year-end party
Lawyer with Solicitor Experience (Kamloops Office)
Fulton & Company LLP is one of the oldest law firms in British Columbia. As a full-service law firm, our client base is rapidly expanding throughout the interior of B.C. As they work to build their own practices, our associates are supported by a practice-group based approach, as well as cutting-edge information technology.
We are seeking a solicitor who will work approximately 50% in our Business Law Practice Group, and 50% in our Wills & Estates Practice Group.
We are seeking someone with:
- general solicitor experience in:
- business law including corporate law; business buy/sell; financing; secured transactions; contracts and agreements;
- real estate law including commercial and residential land transactions and associated land use contracts
- general solicitor experience in estate planning (including trust planning) and estate administration (probate)
- an entrepreneurial desire, positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and eager to participate in the marketing of the firm to the local and regional communities. A desire to become engaged in the community for personal and professional development purposes, and to develop your own referral network and generate new clients and revenue for the firm.
As a new lawyer joining these 2 practice groups, you will experience:
- being an integral part of the continued expansion of these 2 practice groups
- the benefits of being part of a formalized practice (business law, and wills and estates) chaired by a practice group leader, with regular team meetings and a coordinated approach to practice management and growth
- a strong mentorship environment. Fulton has a formalized mentor program where you will be matched with a partner as your formal mentor. We are a very collegial environment and informal mentorship relationships are also readily developed. We have a process for annual performance reviews, and a formal Associate Committee that hosts associate roundtable lunches monthly to keep associates engaged with and informed about overall firm operations and management
- working closely with senior lawyers who delegate and assign work to you. A large portion of your practice in your early years of practice will be work referred to you by lawyers within Fulton. You will also start to develop your own client base over time but that is not the focus in your first few years of practice.
- doing good work in a firm with an exceptional reputation, and enjoy a reasonable work-life balance.
Situated in British Columbia’s beautiful interior, Kamloops has a well-earned reputation as B.C.’s adventure playground. The region provides the best of seasons and lifestyles. Mild winters and warm, sunny summers allow residents to enjoy outdoor activities year round. Kamloops is famous for its world class sports facilities, mountain biking, hiking, golfing and, of course, unsurpassed skiing and snowboarding at Sun Peaks Resort – less than an hour from the city centre. With a population of 90,000, Kamloops provides the amenities of a large centre, with the luxuries of affordable housing, recreational lifestyles, and reasonable commute times.
Benefits: full benefits package is available for you and your dependents
Please apply, in confidence, with resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Cheryl McDonald, CA, CEO
Fulton & Company LLP
300 – 350 Lansdowne Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 1Y1
Solicitor Legal Administrative Assistant (Kamloops Office)
We have an opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant with at least 5 years of solicitor practice experience. This position provides support for three solicitor Partners with practices in local government, business and commercial law.
We invite qualified applicants to forward a cover letter, resume, references and/or reference letters to Wendy Freeman, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solicitor Floater (Kamloops Office)
We have an opening for a Solicitor Floater in our Kamloops office. This is an entry level position suitable for candidates with 1-2 years of legal office experience or a recent graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program. The Solicitor Floater is responsible for holiday and sick day coverage as well as supporting Legal Assistants with over-flow work.
We invite qualified applicants to forward their cover letter, resume, references and/or reference letters to Wendy Freeman, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
Administrative Services Assistant (Kamloops Office)
We have an opening for an Administrative Services Assistant to assist our Wills & Estates team. In this role you will be the first point of contact with our clients, answering phone calls and emails, booking appointments and managing lawyers’ calendars. You will be responsible for opening all new files, and closing completed files. You will have the responsibility of managing our “valuable papers filing system”, and you will also assist the paralegals and lawyers with administrative tasks. An important part of this position is client contact. The ideal candidate is well groomed, has a professional phone manner and is comfortable speaking with clients. If you have high standards of customer service, this position is for you!
If you have professional administrative experience or are a recent graduate of an administrative assistant program, we invite you to send your cover letter, resume, references and/or reference letters to Wendy Freeman, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be kept confidential.
- general solicitor experience in:
Human Resources Manager