Jessica intimately understands what it’s like to be in your shoes. After acquiring a spinal cord injury at the age of 21, she spent years rebuilding her life, ultimately choosing to become an advocate for injured people. Jessica now practices personal injury law exclusively.
Because Jessica has navigated the system first as a patient and now as a lawyer, she understands the deep frustration and stress that follows an injury. As such, Jessica believes strongly in empowering her clients, ensuring their ability to focus on their recovery while she passionately advocates for their rights.
Jessica also understands the critical importance of a team approach to her clients’ health and wellness. She is linked with top professionals throughout the province and regularly works with them to ensure her clients achieve their maximum recovery – both physically and financially.
With Jessica as your lawyer, you will receive the benefit of her deep knowledge and guidance throughout your recovery process – both physical and legal.
Born and raised in Kamloops, Jessica has deep roots in the community. After her spinal cord injury, Jessica represented Canada in wheelchair basketball, winning bronze at the 2010 World Championships and capping offer her career playing in the London 2012 Paralympics. After retiring from international sport, Jessica spends her free time outside with her young son, husband, and small flock of chickens.
What Clients Are Saying
My injury was stressful and overwhelming. From my first phone call with Jessica, I immediately felt at ease. She was very easy to get along with. Now that my claim has been resolved, I feel relieved and stress-free. I would definitely recommend Jessica as a personal injury lawyer. She is the perfect person for the job. – S.L.
300-350 Lansdowne St.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2013)
- Juris Doctor (2011), University of Victoria
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (2008), University of Simon Fraser
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for Service to Canada
- 2011 Ann Roberts Humanitarian Award, UVic Faculty of Law
- 2008 Terry Fox Gold Medal, Simon Fraser University
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- President and Founder, Kamloops Adapted Sport Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Adapted Sports Sun Peaks
- Member, BC Wheelchair Basketball
- Past Director, Victoria Wheelchair Sports Club
- Past President and Founder, UVic Law and Disability Association
- Past Director, Wheelchair Race Series
- B.C. Interior Doctor Shortage Affecting ICBC Claims
- Rio Paralympic Games
- Pros & Cons of Doctor-assisted Dying
- Jessica Vliegenthart’s Latest Challenge – Having a Baby
- WorkSafeBC National Day of Mourning
- Wheelchair Curling & Yoga
- President & Founder of Kamloops Adapted Sports Association
- Paralympic Games