Associate Counsel / Vancouver
Gemma confidently engages.
Skilled at developing legal solutions, Gemma always has the client’s best interests in mind when explaining how to proceed on a matter. She thoughtfully considers practical techniques to assist her clients in resolving their legal issues.
As part of our Realization Team – Vancouver office, Gemma has represented banks, trust companies and private lenders in all levels of court in BC, in debt enforcement, foreclosure and receivership matters. She is a frequent contributor to scholarly publications in the field of insolvency law.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2010)
- National Certificate on Accreditation, Federation of Law Societies of Canada (2008)
- LLB, Queens University Belfast (2003)
Publications & Presentations
- “Commercial Law – Collections” Chapter, Co-Author with Daniel Shouldice, Annual Review of Law & Practice, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)
- “The Farm Debt Mediation Act” Chapter, Co-Author with Jennifer Cockbill, Lexis Practice Advisor Canada, LexisNexis Canada Inc (2014)
- “Annotated Precedents” Chapter, Author, An Annotated Guide, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (2013, 2012, 2011)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of Vancouver
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association Women Lawyers Forum
- Member, Women’s Executive Network
- Member, Association of Women in Finance (Scholarships and Bursaries)
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation