Senior Associate / Kamloops
Jessica is more than a lawyer.
If experience is the teacher of all things, then Jessica’s path through life has certainly been an education. A passionate advocate in both her professional and personal lives, Jessica brings all of her lived experience to the table when helping clients navigate complex issues.
Practicing in the areas of employment, estate litigation, and personal injury law, Jessica comes armed with the determination of an Olympian and the affable people skills that made her a leader on Team Canada, both on and off the basketball court. Jessica and her team handle the complexities of your legal issues so you can focus on what matters most: getting back to life and business. Encouraging and empowering, Jessica helps her clients to feel in control of their claims, the legal process, and their futures.
With deep roots in the Kamloops community, Jessica loves making connections and will absolutely try to figure out if she knows one of your relatives. After retiring from international sport, Jessica now spends her free time outside with her young son and daughter, husband, and small flock of chickens.
What Jessica’s clients are saying
“The day of the accident was terrible. The day of the settlement was wonderful. Getting from the day of the accident to the day of the settlement was accomplished very competently and professionally with Jessica Vliegenthart as my lawyer. Much thanks to you, to Jill and to the rest of the staff at Fulton who worked on my file.” – J.F.
“Thank you for persevering with me. You are a light in that place. You were for me. It was wonderful to be able to put my trust in you.” – P.D.
“I couldn’t be happier having worked with Jessica for my ICBC claim. She genuinely cared about my well-being and made sure I got what was required during my recovery throughout the aftermath of my accidents. Jessica was patient with me and she covered every aspect of my life to help me realize what I truly lost and how my life had changed beyond my perception. I would urge anyone seeking assistance to talk with her.” – C.G.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2013)
- Juris Doctor, University of Victoria (2011)
- Bachelor of Arts (Communication), University of Simon Fraser (2008)
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for Service to Canada (2012)
- Ann Roberts Humanitarian Award, UVic Faculty of Law (2011)
- Terry Fox Gold Medal, Simon Fraser University (2008)
- B.C. Interior Doctor Shortage Affecting ICBC Claims
- Rio Paralympic Games
- Pros & Cons of Doctor-assisted Dying
- Jessica Vliegenthart’s Latest Challenge – Having a Baby
- WorkSafeBC National Day of Mourning
- Wheelchair Curling & Yoga
- President & Founder of Kamloops Adapted Sports Association
- Paralympic Games