Associate / Vancouver
Linda will stand with you.
Approachable and easy to talk to, Linda has engaged in extensive social justice volunteer work in and outside Canada. Her global perspective adds invaluable insight to her legal work, as she provides practical and creative recommendations to her clients and helps them achieve their best results.
As part of our Vancouver office’s Realization Team, Linda represents both institutional and private lenders in foreclosure and insolvency proceedings. She has appeared in court numerous times on matters of mortgage enforcement, debt collection, bankruptcy and insolvency. Prior to joining Fulton, Linda completed her articles and worked as an associate at a national law firm.
Being an immigrant to Canada as a child and having completed a unique legal fellowship abroad with International Justice Mission, Linda deftly navigates different cultural backgrounds. Family and friends are of great importance to her, and you’ll often find her organizing social events to bring people together. Linda is fluent in Mandarin and speaks conversational Cantonese.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2015)
- Juris Doctor, Dalhousie University (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia (2011)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “At the Intersection: A Conversation with Three Lawyers about Legal Practice, Purpose and Their Pursuit of Passion”, The Advocate, Vol. 77 Part 3, May 2019, pp. 343-350.
- Author, “Ending Online Sexual Exploitation of Children: A Canadian Lawyer in the Philippines”, Presentation, International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law Panel, International Law at a Crossroads: A Conference on the Theory and Practice of International Law, Queen’s University Faculty of Law, Bader International Study Centre, Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, England, 30 May 2019.
- Author, “5 Tips for Dealing with Self-Represented Litigants”, American Bar Association, December 2017 (online).
- Co-author, “The Duties of Loyalty and Confidentiality, Civil Litigation Basics – 2015 Update Paper 6.2”, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (originally prepared by G. Ross Switzer of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP in November 2012), March 2015.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers BC
- Duty Counsel, Amici Curiae Legal Forms Workshop, Law Courts Center
- Founding officer, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers Atlantic