Our Personal Injury Team is thrilled to announce the 3rd Annual Athlete of Influence Scholarship!
In 2017, our Personal Injury Team created the Athlete of Influence Scholarship to recognize outstanding young people in our Community. The Award highlights those who have shown resilience in the face of adversity and a dedication to healthy living, two traits our Team knows will take young people far. The Team quickly realized it was impossible to select just one winner, so each year, ten finalists are selected.
During the 2019-2020 school year, our Personal Injury Team will select a monthly winner from the scholarship applicants, then highlight their achievements and contributions to their community. Each monthly winner will be featured during the corresponding month on our social media and in Kamloops This Week.* Monthly winners will receive a small gift, and in June 2020, one of the monthly winners will be selected as the recipient of the Athlete of Influence Scholarship ($1000.00).
- Must be a grade 11 or 12 student in School District 73
- Must be an athlete or show a dedication to health and wellness.
- Must demonstrate extraordinary commitment in one of the following areas:
- Community Service
- Personal Growth/Overcoming Adversity
Note: athletes do not have to be involved in “traditional” school sport to be considered. For example, students involved in extracurricular sport/activity (equestrian, canoe/kayak, judo, mountain biking, dance, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
To apply, Applicants must submit the following:
- an outline of athletic endeavors/achievements over their high school career; and
- a personal statement that describest how they meet the above criteria, with an outline of their future goals (statement maximum 1000 words).
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
Please forward all applications/questions to Tana Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Monthly winners/guardian will be required to sign a photo release to appear in the photograph for media coverage.