Dan Carroll is a Partner, chair of our Business Disputes Team and co-chair of our Realization & Insolvency Law Group. Dan’s legal work focuses primarily on defending, pursing and resolving claims on behalf of financial institutions and private lenders, with a particular focus on residential mortgage enforcement.
Dan understands the unique business/reputational goals that his clients have when faced with a dispute that requires resolution. Dan is an experienced trial lawyer having successfully represented clients at all levels of court in British Columbia, yet Dan knows that success for clients often means avoiding the cost, delay and uncertainty of trial. Dan is always looking for early opportunities for successful dispute resolution. Dan takes pride in achieving fast, cost effective results for his clients.
Throughout his legal career, Dan has managed a high volume and varied legal practice focused on in many different areas, including business, contract and property disputes, will and estates disputes, criminal law defence work and the historic Indian Residential School claim process. Dan has represented clients throughout Western Canada and the Northwest Territories.
During his university years, Dan moonlighted as a professional musician, playing guitar in reggae and alternative rock bands. After graduating from law school, Dan practised with a large Vancouver law firm before returning home to Kamloops in 1999. Dan joined Fulton & Company LLP in 2004 and became a Partner in 2008. When he is not pre-occupied solving problems for his clients, you may find Dan on his mountain bike in the Kamloops hills, running his dog Flynn with his spouse, Denise or singing an old Irish tune on his guitar.
300-350 Lansdowne St.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (1998)
- Member, Law Society of NWT (2009)
- Bachelor of Laws (1997), University of Victoria
- Bachelor of Arts—double major: history and political science (1994), University of Victoria
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Numerous reported cases published in Quicklaw and other law reporter series
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Insolvency Section
- Past Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Past Board Member of the Phoenix Centre, Kamloops Society for Alcohol & Drug Services
- Past Vice President of the Phoenix Centre, Kamloops Society for Alcohol & Drug Services
- Past Executive Member, Kamloops Senior Men’s Basketball League
- Past Member of Citizens Advisory Board of Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre