Partner / Kamloops
Clients bank on Jeff.
Well-known for his clever wit, Jeff works for major lenders and understands that responsive communication is essential to providing top-notch legal service. He balances his effectively delivered legal expertise with humor, more than occasionally.
With more than twenty years practicing almost exclusively in the fields of insolvency and commercial/retail realization, Jeff has advised and acted for numerous financial institutions, bankruptcy trustees and receivers, across a wide range of industries and throughout BC, on matters relating to:
- complex commercial realization and litigation;
- bankruptcy insolvency law;
- foreclosure; and
- personal property realization.
Jeff has also acted for national banks, credit unions and private lenders in every aspect of residential and commercial realization, sometimes acting for both lenders and receivers to oversee completion of:
- construction projects;
- sale of business as a going concern;
- commercial foreclosures; and
- realization on substantially all of the assets of various businesses.
Originally hailing from Texas, Jeff spends his free time hiking, biking, missing good Tex-Mex food, and being grateful to live in a country where it is hard to find good Tex-Mex food.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of Texas (1994)
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2004)
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (Hons), University of Houston (1994)
- Bachelor of Arts (English & History), University of Texas (1978)
Publications & Presentations
- Education Seminars (various construction events) – Canadian Homebuilders Association and Southern Interior Construction Association
- Tendering Case Update – Local Government Law Conference 2005
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association