*Practicing as a professional law corporation
Partner / Kamloops
Sam is calm, but not quiet.
Sometimes initially perceived as reserved, Sam is actually observing, analyzing and strategizing the best approach to any situation. His clients find him perceptive and unfazed when tackling their legal issues, as he clearly explains varied options and helps his clients make practical, well-informed decisions. Born and raised in Kamloops, Sam is acutely familiar with the community and draws on this insight for his clients’ benefits. In Sam’s solicitor practice, he regularly:
- Advises local governments regarding a broad spectrum of legal issues including: governance, bylaws, land use/development, statutory interpretation and real property matters;
- Advises business clients regarding corporate/commercial transactions; and
- Completes all types of real property transactions including: acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and other land title matters.
Outside of work, you will likely find Sam taking advantage of the BC Interior lifestyle with his friends and family – whether it be up in the mountains in the winter or on the lakes, trails and fields any other time of the year. You might also bump into him around town seeking out high-quality local ingredients for the creation of exceptional dining experiences.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2005)
- Past member, Law Society of the Northwest Territories (2008 – 2013)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba (2004)
- Bachelor of Arts program, Thompson Rivers University (2001)
Publications & Presentations
- Education Seminars (various local government events) including: Thompson Okanagan Local Government Management Association and Southern Interior Local Government Association Conferences and Local Government Leadership Academy Elected Officials Seminar.
- Presenter (various business and real estate information sessions) for professionals and clients
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member (affiliate), Local Government Management Association of British Columbia
- Member & former VP/Treasurer, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member & former Secretary/Director, Canadian Home Builder’s Association (Central Interior)