Partner / Kamloops
Dan gets things done.
He understands the unique business and reputational goals that his clients have when faced with a dispute. He knows that success for his clients often means avoiding the cost, delay and uncertainty of trial. As an adept problem solver, Dan is always looking for early opportunities for successful dispute resolution and takes pride in achieving fast, cost effective results for his clients.
An experienced and proven litigator, Dan is the leader of Fulton’s CIBC Client Team and co-chair of Fulton’s Business Disputes Team. Dan focuses his high-volume legal practice on quickly and effectively resolving secured and unsecured realization matters for CIBC and other lenders, as well as all kinds of banking and business disputes for his clients large and small, either in court or via mediation.
During his university years, Dan moonlighted as a professional musician, playing guitar in reggae and alternative rock bands. After graduating from law school, Dan practised with a large Vancouver law firm before returning home to Kamloops in 1999. When he is not pre-occupied solving problems for his clients, you may find Dan on his mountain bike in the Kamloops hills, running with his dog, Flynn, or singing an old Irish tune on his guitar.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (1998)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria (1997)
- Bachelor of Arts (History/Political Science), University of Victoria (1994)
Publications & Presentations
- Numerous reported cases published in Quicklaw and other law reporter series
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Insolvency Section)
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Past Board President, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director, Supporting Team Excellence with Patients Society (STEPS)
- Past member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Past member, Citizens Advisory Board of Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre
- Past Vice President/Board Member of Phoenix Centre, Kamloops Society for Alcohol & Drug Services
- Past executive member, Kamloops Senior Men’s Basketball League