Edwin is a partner with Fulton & Company with a business law practice that includes clients ranging from start-up and emerging businesses to large institutions, and includes work in corporate and commercial transactions, information technology and intellectual property, real estate development and commercial finance. With both a business degree and a law degree, as well as previous experience as in-house counsel for a technology company where he had a responsibility for its legal affairs and was a part of the company’s executive management team, Edwin is able to provide a business perspective to the legal services that he provides to clients.
Born and raised in Saskatchewan, Edwin learned to enjoy the outdoors and many types of sporting and recreational activities and continues to do so in Kamloops, which he refers to as a big playground. Look out for him if you are out on the water, slopes or trails.
300-350 Lansdowne St.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (1993)
- Bachelor of Laws (1992) University of Saskatchewan
- Bachelor of Commerce (1991) University of Saskatchewan
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Presentations to various business, trade and industry groups on various topics including business structures, corporate and commercial finance, and technology and Intellectual Property matters.
- Counsel to various business clients in connection with matters relating to corporate governance and structure, acquisitions, and managing strategic alliances and corporate finance (including debt and equity financing)
- Counsel to various financial institutions in connection with commercial finance transactions
Technology Licensing & Transfer
- Counsel to various technology based business clients in connection with technology transfer and licensing and intellectual property matters including trade-marks and copyright.
Real Property Transactions
- Counsel to various real estate clients in connection with development matters and property acquisitions and sales.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Interior Technology Industry Association
- Advisory Board Member, Kamloops Innovation Centre
- Past President and Founder, Kamloops Volleyball Association
- Member, Kamloops Tennis Association