Rick is a partner with Fulton & Company LLP with a focus in corporate and business law. Rick is also involved in commercial lending transactions and tendering and construction law. Before becoming a lawyer, Rick completed his Interprovincial Tradesman Qualification as an electrical journeyman.
Growing up in Northern BC, and having spent time in the capital cities of both Canada and BC, has presented Rick with the good fortune of living in both rural and urban centers. These experiences helped Rick choose Kamloops as the ideal place to raise a family and continue his law career.
As a sports enthusiast, Rick fit in well with the “Tournament Capital of Canada” having played nearly every sport available. He has recently decided to retire his cleats and court shoes to focus his recreational time and energy on long distance running and the ever elusive goal of improving his golf game.
Rick believes that all we achieve is a result of communities in which we live. Rick’s involvement in the community initially started with volunteer coaching in various sports and continues with memberships and director roles in local service groups and charitable organizations. In the past 5 years, Rick and his wife have expanded their concept of community by donating their time and effort through Developing World Connections (a Kamloops-based non-denominational service organization) to do “on the ground” service work in Swaziland, Tanzania and Rwanda.
300-350 Lansdowne St.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (1992)
- Bachelor of Laws (1991), University of Victoria
- Interprovincial Tradesman Qualification (1986)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (1983), University of British Columbia
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Guest speaker on numerous occasions at construction association events, including the Canadian Homebuilders and Southern Interior Construction Association.
Tendering Case Update
- Presented at the 2005 Local Government Law Conference hosted by Fulton & Company LLP
Examples of the types of matters in which Rick is involved are as follows:
- Providing advice and documentation for Business and Corporate reorganizations including associated estate planning
- Assisting clients with asset and share purchase transactions
- Representing developers of real property and strata developments
- Negotiating and completing complex real estate transactions (purchase and sale)
- Providing advice on matters relating to construction law
- Reviewing and drafting front-end tender documents for small to multi-million dollar projects
- Advising on Aircraft business transactions.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, British Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Homebuilders Association—Kamloops (former Director)
- Member, Southern Interior Construction Association
- Member, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce (former Director and President)
- Council Member — B.C. Audit Council