Partner / Kamloops
Hal is your security.
Hal knows that the law can be complicated and he helps his clients clearly understand their options, so that they can make well-informed decisions. Hal’s clients rely on him for proactive legal advice, and structuring sound transactions, whether it be in commercial finance, collections, foreclosures or commercial insolvency matters.
Hal’s practice is focused on the creation and implementation of protective security for large-scale lenders and creditors, and where needed, realization on the security. Hal acts for lenders, secured and unsecured creditors, purchasers, landlords, debtors and receivers throughout BC, in the insolvency context and in commercial finance transactions.
Around the office, Hal is known for a dry sense of humor and an enthusiasm for business venture ideas. Beyond his practice, Hal spends time with his young family, often leisurely in the pursuits of travel, golf, old-timers basketball and ski hill activities.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2010)
- Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan (2009)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Calgary (2004)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Executive of Southern Interior Insolvency Discussion Group
- Chair, Community Futures Development Corporation of Thompson Country