Sam is a partner with Fulton & Company LLP whose practice involves local government law, real estate transactions, business acquisitions and sales, and corporate and commercial matters.
Sam was born and raised in Kamloops and attended Thompson Rivers University before moving to Winnipeg to study law at the University of Manitoba. After law school, Sam returned home to join Fulton & Company as an articled student. Following articles, Sam was hired back as an associate at the firm and then became a partner in 2013.
Outside of work, you can find Sam spending time with his family and taking advantage of the BC interior lifestyle — whether it be up in the mountains in the winter or on the lakes, trails and fields any other time of the year.
300-350 Lansdowne St.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2005)
- Past Member, Law Society of NWT (2008– 2013)
- Bachelor of Laws (2004), University of Manitoba
- Bachelor of Arts Program (2001), Thompson Rivers University
Sam routinely handles the following types of transactions:
- All types of real property transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and other land title matters
- Advice to local governments regarding governance, bylaws, land use and development, statutory interpretation, contracts and real property matters
- Advising business clients regarding corporate and commercial transactions
- Commercial financing and secured transactions
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Local Government Law
- Presented at numerous seminars for local government clients and associations, including: Thompson Okanagan Local Government Management Association Conferences 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015 and Local Government Leadership Academy Elected Officials Seminar 2012.
- Presented at seminars and information sessions involving various industry professionals.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member and Former Secretary and Director, Canadian Home Builders’ Association (Central Interior)
- Member and former VP/Treasurer, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Vice-President, Kamloops Men’s Soccer League
- Affiliate Member, Local Government Management Association of British Columbia