Senior Associate / Kamloops
Chelsey thrives on challenge.
With an exclusive focus on local government law, Chelsey advises municipalities and regional districts on matters including governance and operations, municipal liability and risk management, bylaw challenges and enforcement, nuisance, negligence and other insurance issues and regulatory authority.
Bringing her keen intuition and client service to every file, Chelsey understands that local governments face complex and multi-faceted problems. With this in mind, she approaches her clients’ dilemmas by first looking at the big picture. After considering the political and policy environment, Chelsey crafts comprehensive legal solutions tailored to clients’ unique situations, recognizing that the best solutions for local governments often involve a combination of legal and non-legal strategies.
Looking for Chelsey away from the office? You will likely find her near the mountains. Always on the move, Chelsey and her husband enjoy exploring new places and camping with their newborn son, and their fluffy Aussie Doodle, Kona.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2017)
- Juris Doctor, Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia (2016)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of British Columbia (2011)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Kamloops Bike Riders Association
- Mentor, TRU Law Mentorship Program
- Past Director, Kamloops YMCA/YWCAs