Partner / Kamloops
Denise embraces complexity.
Having practiced in the area of local government law for over two decades, Denise offers comprehensive legal services to local governments. She regularly provides advice and assistance on all aspects of municipal law including governance and operations, inter-governmental negotiations, conflicts of interest, municipal liability and risk management, freedom of information and privacy issues, planning, development and building issues, commercial transactions, contract tendering issues and regulatory authority.
She is a registered trade-mark agent, and applies her specialized training to meet our public and private clients’ unique needs in matters of:
- Technology development;
- Acquisition and transfer;
- Protection, licensing and commercialization of trade-marks, official marks and copyright.
Denise began her legal career in a large Vancouver firm before joining our firm in 2000. Away from her practice, Denise enjoys exploring new places, particularly from her mountain/road bike, culinary adventures, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (1997)
- Bachelor of Laws, Dalhousie University (1996)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Victoria (1993)
- Registered Trade-mark Agent
Publications & Presentations
- Invited regularly to speak at conferences and symposia, Denise has also published numerous papers, legal bulletins and manuals.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Intellectual Property Institute
- Member (Affiliate), Local Government Management Association of British Columbia
- Former Chair, Thompson Rivers University Law School Advisory Committee
- Former Sessional Instructor of Law, Thompson Rivers University Law School