Associate / Kamloops
Tyson digs into details.
He is focused on resolving disputes as effectively as possible and believes that successful dispute resolution for his clients is not only about the final result. Delay, cost, and stress are significant considerations that Tyson works hard to avoid for his clients.
Tyson’s barrister practice focuses on estate, commercial and local government litigation. As a persuasive, successful advocate, he has appeared at all levels of court in BC. Whether the matter is resolved in the courts or by strong negotiation, Tyson believes that thorough preparation is the cornerstone of excellent advocacy for his clients.
Away from the office, parenting three children under 7 years old keeps Tyson and his spouse busy, but when Tyson can, he loves taking advantage of all the outdoor opportunities in the area, particularly skiing and mountain biking. Tyson spent two separate years abroad in his university days and as a result, can still speak some French and Russian.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2013)
- Juris Doctor, Queen’s University (2012)
- Master of Arts, Queen’s University (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia (2006)
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter on estate and municipal legal issues for lawyers, financial professionals, unions, retirement centers, financial institutions, local government officials, and the general public.
- Author/co-author of various newspaper articles and estate news bulletins (sign up HERE)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Trial Lawyers’ Association of British Columbia
- Member, Children’s Circle Daycare Society Board of Directors
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association