Partner / Kamloops
Leah loves strategy.
She excels at helping people plan for their futures, and ensuring that the wishes of incapable or deceased loved ones are carried out. Her keen insight and reputation for excellence in estate planning and estate administration results from her broad business and property law background, and from having well over a decade of experience in wills and estates law. She handles the most complex succession planning situations and estates with ease.
Leah and her Wills & Estates Team create customized estate plans for clients, tailored to meet each client’s needs. They represent executors and handle estates of deceased persons, taking care of all the legal aspects, effectively and with compassion.
Leah heard the draw of the B.C. Interior when she left Vancouver and returned to her roots to article with Fulton after law school. Away from the office, Leah’s time is filled with various family pursuits; she, along with her husband, two young children and Labradoodle, Loki, love to retreat to their rustic “off the grid” cabin, go biking and are learning (again) to ski.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University (2002)
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter (various Wills & Estates Seminars) for advisors in the financial and accounting industries, charities and non-profit organizations, retirement centers, employee groups, unions, general public.
- Author – various newspaper articles
- Editor-in-Chief: Estate News e-news letter (sign up HERE)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP)
- Member, Thompson Rivers University Planned Giving Committee
- Mentor, Thompson Rivers University, Faculty of Law
- Trustee, Kamloops Art Gallery Board of Trustees
- Former Directory/Secretary, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Kamloops and Area Chapter