Lyle Backman, K.C.
Partner / Kamloops
Lyle has seen it all.
After over 45 years as a litigator, Lyle has represented clients in diverse areas of law and at all levels of court, including notable cases, complex arbitrations and mediations. Lyle’s clients rightly trust him to get the job done because of his extensive experience and reputation for effective advocacy.
Although Lyle has seen all types of cases, these days he practices primarily in commercial and estate litigation, including business/commercial disputes and wills variation claims.
Away from the office, Lyle enjoys travelling the world with his spouse, Trudi, and catching up on current events, whether it concerns news, art, culture, sports or dining.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (1977)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan (1976)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Saskatchewan (1975)
Publications & Presentations
- Street Racing & Local Government – Local Government Law Conference 2005
- Communications with the Public – Local Government Law Conference 2003
- Negligent Misrepresentation and Municipalities – Local Government Law Conference 1999
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Associations Governor, The Law Foundation of British Columbia