Partner / Kamloops
Michael loves the hustle.
His focus is on growing and adding value to his clients’ businesses through practical, effective legal advice. Identifying the key issues early on and understanding his clients’ goals, allows Michael to tailor results-oriented insight, specific to each clients’ needs.
Michael’s practice includes, but is not limited to:
- Mergers and acquisition between private enterprises.
- Real estate development on indigenous and non-indigenous lands.
- Complex secured transactions for financial institutions, including aircraft lending.
Away from the office, Mike enjoys playing recreational hockey, golfing, snowboarding/skiing, and spending time with his family at Brennan Creek on Adams Lake, where his family has been involved in the forest industry since the 1940s.
- Practice Areas
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2015)
- Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts (History & Political Science – Hons.), University of Victoria (2007)
Publications & Presentations
- Anchoring the Medicine Wheel: Aboriginal Title and a More Holistic Approach to Aboriginal Health Governance” Access to Justice – TRU Faculty of Law, 2013
- “Landing Native Fisheries: Indian Reserves & Fishing Rights in British Columbia” (Book Review), Canadian Historical Review, Vol. 91 No.4 (Dec 2010) 773-775.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Kamloops Bar Association